We found an armoire at a yard sale for $20. I immediately knew that with a bit of modification, it could be the solution to cover my unsightly wires. Hubby helped me cut the armoire in half lengthwise to make the cabinet more narrow, then we mounted it onto the outside wall to cover the wires. Because the cabinet was not quite tall enough to cover the top of the equipment, we raised the foundation under the cabinet with garden stepping stones. This will also help keep the bottom of the cabinet dry when it rains.
It now is a charming addition to our backyard, and we no longer have to look at those ugly wires!
Of course...we couldn't let the back of the cabinet go to waste, so we made a Raised Garden Bed with the recycled cabinet back.
Stay tuned for the next posting of the raised garden bed!
Post a Comment
I adore comments and read them all! Please let me know what you think!