Friday, July 6, 2012

Rescued Oriental Lanterns

I rescued two oriental lanterns from the dumpster a few months back.   I had no idea what I'd do with them at the time, but when I was painting my bamboo chairs, I sprayed these Green Apple.  Please excuse the "before" picture.  I sprayed the bottom of the lanterns with paint then realized that I needed to take a "before" picture...this was the best I could do.


Hanging Lantern "Before".  
They're spray painted with Green Apple

Rustoleum painter's touch
Satin Green Apple













Painted in pastel blue, purple, and pink over the green apple.
Finished lanterns find a home in the flower garden next to the shed.
Next I painted them in pastel colors, then added whimsical polka dots.  They found a beautiful spot in the yard next to my newly remodeled shed.
Finished Oriental Lanterns - view from below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and read them all! Please let me know what you think!